Wool pressing mats are becoming a staple item in the sewing community. Here are 7 reasons why you should be using one with your own sewing adventures.
- They save time. When you are pressing your fabric, the heat goes down through your fabric then it is absorbed by the wool and radiates back up into the back of your fabric. It’s literally pressing both sides of your fabric at once.
- They make your work more efficient. Going along with saving time, the mat also makes your work more efficient by pressing both sides evenly at the same time.
- They’re easy to store or travel with. You don’t really want to lug your ironing board to your next quilting retreat or on your weekend getaway, right? These wool pressing mats are perfect for travelling, even if you are just wanting to travel between your sewing room and your dining room! They also take up very little room when stored, just make sure you store your mat flat so it won’t bend.
- They’re reasonably priced. Cost is always a factor when shopping around for the next addition to your sewing arsenal. For being a 100% New Zealand Wool item, they are very reasonably priced and are definitely worth the small investment to bring your projects to the next level.
- They give you an extremely crisp, flat seam. This is probably the most important reason why these wool pressing mats are so great. When pressing seams with a regular ironing board, no matter how much you press and use a starch spray/steam sometimes those seams just won’t lay perfectly flat. With a wool pressing mat your seams will be beautifully crisp and flat without even needing a starch spray.
- You can use steam if you want or need to. Steam can be used with these wool mats, but don’t alarmed by that “wooly” smell that comes out of them. That’s a completely natural odor that will come from 100% wool.
- Since it is fibrous it “holds” your fabric in place so it won’t slide. Wool is more fibrous than that cotton that is on your ironing board. No more slip and slide action with your fabrics, the wool will hold it in place for you. If you really need something to stay put, you can even place pins directly into the mat.
So there you have 7 reasons why you should be using a wool pressing mat. The benefits of these mats are outstanding and worth every penny.
We have an exceptional wool mat at Love Sew with over 1000 5 star reviews here >> https://love-sew.com/products/love-sew-wool-pressing-mat